From The Washington Vape Association:
House Bill HB2165 has passed out of committee in the House and is now in the Budget Committee. Soon it will be on the House floor for a vote. It would impose a 60% tax on vapor products. If this bill is not voted down it will act as a disincentive for smokers to move to vaping and be a financial drain on vapor stores causing many to be forced to close. Here is what you MUST do to fight this terrible tax bill with us:
• Go to Leg.wa.gov
• Click “Find Your District”
• Fill in the address information
• Pick “Legislative”
• Click “Find My District”
• Click on the Senator and Representatives for your district to get to their email system link• Fill in the District Verification and Contact Information
• Insert bill number: HB2165 (60% Tax)
• Click “Oppose”
• Subject: New 60% tax on Vapor Products
• Type a personal message about how vaping has helped you or someone close to you, but keep it positive, we want the legislator to agree with us, not feel abused.
• Click “Yes” you would like the legislator to respond.
• Click “Submit”
Please sit down at your computer and send these messages today. Any delay will make your communication TOO LATE.